We have completed our rollout of gigabit speeds to our entire network. To celebrate, we’re giving away an incredible tech bundle of goodies
By Virgin TV Edit
It’s official. Virgin Media O2 has completed the upgrade of its entire national network to gigabit speeds, meaning all 15.5 million homes passed by our network can now access hyperfast connectivity.
The Gig1 broadband service offers average download speeds of 1,130Mbps – 22 times faster than the national average – which enables households to do more online at the same time and on multiple devices.
Gigabit broadband also paves the way for future technologies and applications such as metaverse style augmented and virtual reality experiences and cloud gaming. Plus, you can send and receive large files and seamlessly experience ultra-high-definition entertainment and applications.
Want to upgrade to Gig1 broadband with the largest gigabit broadband provider in the UK? Click here now to find out more or read on to enter our amazing prize giveaway to win a tech bundle worth £3,000.
Prize draw time
To celebrate the upgrade of our entire national network to gigabit speeds, we’re giving away a massive tech bundle worth £3,000. Here’s a quick breakdown of the marvellous selection of prizes you could win in our prize draw:
- Microsoft Console Xbox Series S (digital version)
- Razer Kaira Pro Xbox gaming headset
- Razer Wolverine V2 Xbox controller
- Nintendo Console Switch Lite
- Acer 13.5" Chromebook
- Samsung Tablet Galaxy Tab S7+ Lite 128GB 5G
- Samsung S21 Plus 5G 128GB
- LG 2D Blu-ray player
- LG UP75 55-inch 4K UHD TV
How to enter
To enter the competition, answer the following question:
How many million UK homes can now access Virgin Media O2’s gigabit network?
A) 5 million
B) 10.5 million
C) 15.5 million
Email your answer – A, B or C – to VirginTVEdit@virginmedia.co.uk with Gig1 Giveaway in the subject line by 11.59pm on Tuesday 21 December.
Please include the following details:
- Your answer
- Your first and last name
- Phone number
But wait! That’s not all!
Usain Bolt challenged a megafan to an online gaming challenge with a twist, appearing virtually as a 4K hologram. The super-realistic hologram technology was powered by our gigbit broadband speeds, giving the illusion of being in the very same room.
Up-and-coming sprinter Alex Jianroran, 16, not only got to meet and chat with the world’s fastest man as if he was in the same room, but he also got to play some video games with Bolt.
Saints megafan Sammy Bicknell also got a fantastic surprise – Southampton FC players James Ward-Prowse and Jack Stephens, and women’s team members Laura Rafferty and Ciara Watling, also took to hologram form to meet her and play an online football gaming contest.
Virgin Media Prize Draw Terms and Conditions (Promotion)
1. Open to Virgin Media customers aged 18 or over and resident in the United Kingdom except employees of Virgin Media Limited, their immediate family members and anyone professionally connected with this Promotion.
2. The Promotion closes at 11.59pm on Tuesday 21 December 2021. Entries received after the closing date will be invalid. Maximum of 1 entry per household.
3. To enter the Promotion you must send an email with Gig1 Giveaway in the subject line to VirginTVEdit@virginmedia.co.uk, with your answer, first and last name, phone number and address, before the closing date.
4. There will be 1 winner.
5. Prize is a tech bundle. It includes:
· Microsoft Console Xbox Series S (Digital Version)
· Razer Kaira Pro Xbox Gaming Headset
· Razer Wolverine V2 Xbox controller
· Nintendo Console Switch Lite Grey
· Acer 13.5” Chromebook
· Samsung Tablet Galaxy Tab S7+ Lite 128GB Light Green 5G
· Samsung S21 Plus 5G 128GB Phantom Black
· LG 2D Bd Player
· LG UP75 55" 4K UHD TV
6. The winners will be selected at random from all valid entries received and will be notified by no later than Thursday 23 December 2021. You will be notified if you have won a prize by phone or email and must claim your prize within 10 working days after having been notified.
7. Promoter is Virgin Media Limited. General Terms and Conditions apply.
For full Terms and Conditions click here.