Would you like to be rewarded for your snaps of the things you love? Read on to find out how...
By Virgin Media
Here at Virgin Media, we want to celebrate what you’re really passionate about by capturing authentic images of you in your own surroundings. We’ll then use these photographs in our marketing (instead of faking it with models or going for cringy stock photos).
Tell us all about what you love – whether it’s painting beautiful pieces of art and sharing them on social media, showing off your exotic houseplants on your group chats or recording music and sharing it with your fans online. And if Virgin Media’s products and services have helped you do what you love most, even better.
We’ll pick a few of our favourite stories and, if you’re one of them, we’ll send over our art directors and multi-award-winning photographer, Tom Oldham, to capture you in your own space. All while following social-distancing guidelines, of course.
As a thank you, we’ll give you an original portrait of you and your household and a £50 lifestyle voucher to enjoy.
Interested? Then all you have to do is send an email to CreativeReview@virginmedia.co.uk with the following details...
One paragraph explaining why you should be chosen
A Glimpse of You Promotion - Customer Terms and Conditions
General Terms and Conditions
1. These terms and conditions apply to the Photography Promotion (the “Promotion”).
2. The Promotion is open to Virgin Media customers who have been customers for at least 3 months, are aged 18 or over, and resident in the United Kingdom except employees of Virgin Media Limited, their immediate family members and anyone professionally connected with this Promotion.
3. The Promotion opens at 00.01am on 31st May 2021 (the ‘”Opening Date”) and closes at 11.59pm on 25th June 2021 (the “Closing Date”).
4. Entries received after the Closing Date will be invalid. To enter the Promotion, you must complete and submit the Promotion entry form before the Closing Date. Maximum of one entry per household. Entry must be submitted by the Virgin Media account holder, but entry photograph can include friends and family subject to their explicit consent.
5. Winners will be verified using their name, email address, phone number and address provided upon entering so please take particular care to provide the correct details when you enter.
6. There will be a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 10 winners of the Prize. One Prize per winner.
a. A photograph taken by Tom Oldham of you in your environment or participating in your hobbies;
b. A £50 Lifestyle voucher;
c. The image will be added to Virgin Media and Liberty Global’s library of stock brand assets, and used across our social channels, internal communications, corporate communications, PR and press, website and social media marketing. Winning images will be used indefinitely unless consent is withdrawn, see section 14.c. of these terms for withdrawing consent.
8. The £50 Lifestyle voucher is non-transferable and no cash alternative will be offered. The Lifestyle voucher is valid for 2 years from date of redemption. Voucher terms can be found here.
9. The picture will be sent to winners via post and the voucher via email.
10. Winners will be selected using the following process:
a. Promotion entry form:
i. Entrants must complete and submit the entry details via email……
ii. Entrants will need to provide the following details:
1. Their name;
2. Their email address;
3. Their address;
4. Their phone number;
1. An image of them depicting either their hobbies or lifestyle. Images submitted upon entry will be kept for a maximum of one month before being destroyed.
2. A description of their hobbies or lifestyle, explaining how Virgin Media’s products help facilitate them.
3. Whether they’re happy for their information to be shared with Virgin Media for publicity purposes.
iii. Successful completion of the Promotion entry form before the Closing Date constitutes 1 valid entry into the Promotion.
iv. Multiple, bulk or automatically generated entries will not be valid.
b. Selection process:
i. A panel will review all valid entries received. The panel will consist of:
1. Award-winning photographer Tom Oldham
2. 2 Virgin Media Creative Directors
ii. The panel will consider entries against the following criteria in order to select a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 10 winners:
1. How dynamic their hobbies or lifestyle are;
2. If their hobbies or lifestyle are particularly unique or interesting;
3. If their hobbies or lifestyle offer a personal insight into their life;
4. How much Virgin Media’s products help facilitate their hobbies or lifestyle.
iii. Winners will be notified by no later than 30th June 2021. You will be notified if you have won a Prize by phone or email.
11. The latest a winner can respond to claim their Prize is 5th July 2021 (the “Acceptance Date”).
12. Winners must claim the Prize no later than the Acceptance Date. We will make three attempts to contact each winner by email or phone to notify them and to invite them to claim the Prize. If none of these attempts is successful, the winner will no longer be entitled to the Prize, and the Prize will be awarded to a new winner selected at random.
13. Following Prize acceptance, Virgin Media will contact winners to arrange photography. This will involve a team of maximum 4 people visiting the winner’s address. Photography will begin week commencing 12th July 2021.
14. Use of images and consent:
a. By entering the Promotion, entrants consent to Virgin Media, Liberty Global or any third party acting on their behalf using any image provided upon entry, in addition to an entrant’s name, video, voice recording and general location for publicity, news and/or any future Promotions or advertising. Images submitted upon entry will be kept for a maximum of one month before being destroyed.
b. Promotion winners consent to Virgin Media, Liberty Global or any third party acting on their behalf adding any images taken by Tom Oldham to their library of stock brand assets, to be used indefinitely (unless consent is withdrawn) across social channels, internal communications, corporate communications, PR and press, website and social media marketing. Winners will be asked to sign a consent form detailing the above.
c. The above consents can be withdrawn at any time by emailing email@example.com.
d. This withdrawal of consent does not apply to any images published and made public. These images are in the public domain and are not controlled by Virgin Media, Liberty Global or any third party acting on their behalf. Withdrawal of consent can only apply to images and personal data that Virgin Media, Liberty Global or any third party acting on their behalf store.
e. You must obtain the consent of anyone whose personal data you share on the Promotion entry form with Virgin Media and any relevant third parties.
f. The Promotion winners may be asked to participate in reasonable publicity in relation to the Promotion. You must ensure you obtain the consent of anyone included on your Promotion entry to participation in reasonable publicity in relation to the Promotion.
g. Personal data collected in the course of entering will be used for the purposes of validating and administering the Promotion, but subject to your explicit consent we may use your personal information to contact you by email or phone with information about our products and services, special offers and rewards.
15. To ensure the integrity of the Promotion we will provide all of the data you provide, including personal data, to an independent third party Inspired Thinking Group (ITG) Limited of 315 Fort Dunlop, Fort Parkway, Birmingham B24 9FD, who will administer the promotion entry process. That third party will act as a data processor for Virgin Media and their use of the personal data will be limited to the sole purpose of verifying the integrity of the Promotion.
16. Use of the Prize is also subject to any prize provider’s terms and conditions.
17. The Prize is provided by Virgin Media of 500 Brook Drive, Green Park, Reading, RG2 6UU and administered by Destin8 of 11 Twigworth Court, Twigworth, GL2 9PG, United Kingdom.
18. Virgin Media does not accept responsibility for entries lost or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
19. Virgin Media reserves the right to cancel and/or amend these terms and conditions and/or the Promotion at any stage but we will only do so for reasons outside of our reasonable control. We will endeavour to minimise the effect of such cancellation or amendment on participants in order to avoid disappointment, which may include providing an alternative Prize if the original Prize becomes unavailable for any reason.
20. The decision of Virgin Media regarding any aspect of the Promotion including entries, validity of entries, the Promotion process and these terms and conditions is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
21. The name and county of the winners will be made available for a period of one month after the date of selection. To receive this, please send a Subject Access Request marked ‘A Glimpse of You Promotion’ to: Griffin House, 161 Hammersmith Road, Hammersmith, London W6 8BS.
22. Virgin Media and its agents shall not be responsible or liable to compensate the winners for any loss, damage or consequential damage of any nature in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise caused by acceptance of these terms and conditions and/or in connection with the Prize (to the extent permissible by law).
23. These terms and conditions and any disputes or issues arising out of or in connection with them (whether contractual or non-contractual in nature, such as claims in tort, breach of statute/regulation or otherwise) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to settle any disputes or issues.
24. Promoter is Virgin Media Limited. General Terms and Conditions apply, here