We’ve got big prizes, big stars and a BIG TV QUIZ, live on Friday nights. Find out how to get involved…
By Virgin Media
Grab your pens and put on your thinking caps (other “thinking headwear” is available), because Virgin Media’s Big TV Quiz, hosted by Iain Stirling and Laura Whitmore, is here. Not only that, but you could win prizes!
This week’s edition is very special indeed, because it’s all about the Virgin Media British Academy Television Awards! From past winners to the moments that grabbed the headlines, it’s time to test your knowledge on this most prestigious of ceremonies. Plus, keep your eyes peeled on Wednesday 3 June when the nominations for this year’s Virgin Media Must-See Moment Award are announced. The full list of nominees across all categories will be revealed on Thursday 4 June.
All you need to do is watch Virgin Media’s Big TV Quiz on Friday at 7.30pm on Instagram or YouTube and submit pictures of you playing, using @virginmedia and #stayconnected. There will be a total of 14 prizes, with one prize per winner, including:
- 1 49" LG Smart 4k Ultra HD TV
- 1 LG soundbar
- 2 mobile phones
- 5 Just Eat vouchers worth £100 each
- 5 Virgin Experience vouchers worth £100 each
Every Friday at 7.30pm on Instagram Live, join our ultimate quizmasters to test your telly knowledge with friends, family and the rest of the nation. You can also watch the quiz live on Virgin's Media’s YouTube channel. Whether you know your Rovers Return from your Queen Vic, you’re a diehard Whovian or you can quote Alan Partridge chapter and verse, there’s something for everyone.
- Click here to visit Virgin Media’s Instagram page to take part every Friday
- Click here to visit Virgin Media’s YouTube page to take part every Friday
We’d love to hear from you and for you to gather teams together and submit your team names and photos on social media using the hashtag #stayconnected. It’s more important than ever before for us to rally together and learn how to have fun in new ways – so let’s get quizzical!
When is the next quiz?
Join the quiz on Friday 29 May at 7.30pm. Catch you there!
How do you play?
The quiz will take place at 7.30pm each week over the next few weeks and lasts for 45 minutes. If you don’t already follow Virgin Media on Instagram, check out our page and then click on the Live button at 7.30pm sharp to join in.
Download and print the question sheet below to play along. Our lovely hosts Iain and Laura will go through several rounds to test how well you know the plots, quotes and spoilers from your favourite television series. You can also comment during the live stream!
Can you catch up if you missed it?
You absolutely can! Bookmark this page and come back on Monday, when you’ll be able to play the quiz below if you couldn’t make it on Friday night.
After being broadcast on Instagram Live and YouTube, Virgin Media’s Big TV Quiz will also be uploaded to YouTube (CH 198), so you can catch it there too.
From handy show recommendations to little WiFi wins, we’re bringing together a few things to help make more time at home feel a bit easier.
Virgin Media Big Quiz, 2020 Ts&Cs
1. Open to @virginmedia followers aged 18 or over, and resident in the United Kingdom except employees of Virgin Media Limited, their immediate family members and anyone professionally connected with this Promotion.
2. The Promotion closes at 11:59pm on Friday 29th May 2020. Entries received after the closing date will be invalid. Maximum of 1 entry per person.
3. To enter the Promotion you must tune in to the Virgin Media Big Quiz on Instagram or YouTube and submit a picture of you playing along using @virginmedia and #stayconnected.
4. There will be a total of fourteen prizes. One prize per winner.
5. The prizes will be:
· 1x 49" LG Smart 4k Ultra HD TV
· 1x LG soundbar
· 2x Mobile phones of the winners choice, up to the value of £900 as displayed on [https://www.virginmedia.com/mobile/sim-free-phones.]
· 5x Just Eat Vouchers worth £100 each
· 5 x Virgin Experience vouchers worth £100 each
6. The prizes can only be used as stipulated and cannot be sold, transferred or exchanged for cash and any attempt to do so may render the Prize void. No cash alternative is available and Prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion (unless expressly stated).
7. £900 cannot be used as part-contribution towards a handset. The handset is the prize in its entirety and if a handset below the value of £900 is chosen no cash refund will be provided. No cash equivalent will be available.
8. The winner will be selected at random from all valid entries received and will be notified by no later than 6pm on Tuesday 2 June. You will be notified if you have won via Instagram or YouTube. You must respond to claim your prize within 14 days of having been notified; otherwise the prize will be given to someone else. The prize winners will receive their prize no later than two weeks after contacting Virgin Media to claim their prize.
9. Promoter is Virgin Media Limited. General terms and conditions apply, see below.
General terms & Conditions
1. By entering the Promotion all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these general terms and conditions and all Promotion specific terms and conditions, including any additional terms and conditions that apply to the use of the Prize.
2. Multiple, bulk or automatically generated entries will not be valid unless expressly stated in writing in the applicable Promotion-specific terms and conditions.
3. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for entries lost or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
4. Where a Promotion is advertised on or includes an entry mechanism that involves any social media platform (such as Facebook or Twitter), the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with that social media platform.
5. Prizes can only be used as stipulated and cannot be sold, transferred or exchanged for cash and any attempt to do so may render the Prize void. No cash alternative is available and Prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion (unless expressly stated).
6. All aspects of any Prizes must be taken as a complete package.
7. No additional benefits are included and the winner and their guests (if applicable) are responsible for any and all of their expenses/costs (including but not limited to spending money, all travel, food and drink and/or telephone calls).
8. Prizes must be claimed within 14 days of notification (unless an earlier date is set out in the promotion specific terms and conditions). If the winner cannot be contacted or the Promoter does not receive a response within the timeframe stipulated, the Promoter may select an alternative winner at its sole discretion.
9. The Promoter does not assume any responsibility or liability for communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regards to notification to any winner.
10. Proof of identity and age may be required to redeem Prizes.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the Promotion or these terms and conditions at any stage but will only do so for reasons outside of its reasonable control. The Promoter will endeavour to minimize the effect of such cancellation or amendment on participants in order to avoid disappointment, which may include providing an alternative Prize if the original Prize becomes unavailable for any reason.
12. The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of this Promotion or these terms and conditions is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. Personal data collected in the course of this Promotion will be used for administering the Promotion only.
14. Winners agree to participate in reasonable publicity in relation to the Promotion.
15. The name and county of the winner will be made available for a period of 1 month after the closing date. To receive this, please send a SAE marked with the name of the relevant promotion to: Gill Bennett, Griffin House, 161 Hammersmith Road, Hammersmith, London W6 8BS.
16. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss, damage or consequential damage of any nature in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise caused by acceptance of these terms and conditions and/or in connection with the Prize (to the extent permissible by law).
17. These terms and conditions and any disputes or issues arising out of or in connection with them (whether contractual or non-contractual in nature, such as claims in tort, breach of statute/regulation or otherwise) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Entrants agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to settle any disputes or issues.
18. Promoter: Virgin Media Limited whose registered office is at 500 Brook Drive, Reading, RG2 6UU.