Enter our prize draw for your chance to win tickets to Scotland v Spain – plus learn how to watch UEFA EURO 2024 qualifiers exclusively on Viaplay
By Virgin TV Edit
Viaplay is the home for LaLiga, Scottish Cup, Scottish League Cup and Coppa Italia football, plus all European Qualifiers for the UEFA EURO championships and FIFA World Cup played by the Scotland, Wales, Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland men’s national football teams, along with the UEFA Nations League and friendlies.
That’s not all: you can find NASCAR, NHL and more than 1,000 UEFA international matches from across Europe, including top-ranked sides such as Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Portugal and Spain.
You can get all this top-notch sporting action, and a whole lot extra, on Viaplay Sports 1 HD (CH 551) and Viaplay Sport 2 HD (CH 552) for £12.99 a month. Just head to the Upgrade app in the apps section on your Virgin Media TV box and follow the on-screen instructions.
With Scotland’s tantalising UEFA EURO 2024 qualifier against Spain being shown live and exclusively on Viaplay this month, we’re giving you the chance to win a pair of tickets to attend the match at Hampden Park.
Check out some of the other UEFA EURO 2024 qualifiers being shown on Viaplay this month, then scroll down to the bottom of the page or click here to enter our prize draw.
San Marino v Northern Ireland
Thursday 23 March, 7.45pm, Viaplay Sports 1 HD (CH 551)
Michael O’Neill makes his return as Northern Ireland manager, his second spell in the hot seat having led them to the Euro 2016 finals during his first stint. They face San Marino, currently ranked 211 in the FIFA Men’s Rankings (out of 211). A routine opener or a potential banana skin awaits O’Neill’s side in this Group H tie.
Scotland v Cyprus
Saturday 25 March, 2pm, Viaplay Sports 1 HD (CH 551)
The record for Scotland against Cyprus in all competitions is as good as it gets. Played 7, won 7. Steve Clarke’s men will be hoping to make that 8 in 8 as they open their UEFA EURO 2024 qualifying campaign. There are trickier tests to come in Group A, so three points on the board early doors in their first of two home games on the bounce will be essential.
Croatia v Wales
Saturday 25 March, 7.45pm, Viaplay Sports 1 HD (CH 551)
As Wales begin life without their captain Gareth Bale, who retired from professional football in January, they travel to Split for a difficult opener in Group D. Wales boss Rob Page recently added Erik ten Hag’s first-team coach Eric Ramsay as his assistant, and he’ll need all that experience to mastermind a plan to beat Luka Modrić and his Croatia teammates.
Northern Ireland v Finland
Sunday 26 March, 7.45pm, Viaplay Sports 1 HD (CH 551)
Finland should offer Northern Ireland a far trickier test in their second match as Markku Kanerva’s men travel to Windsor Park. Both countries have only reached the finals once and, on paper, are evenly matched. With Denmark already being earmarked as Group H winners, it makes this tie between the likely challengers a real six-pointer. The passionate Belfast crowd will aim to do their bit.
Republic of Ireland v France
Monday 27 March, 7.45pm, Viaplay Sports 1 HD (CH 551)
France have reached the final in three of the last four UEFA EURO and FIFA World Cup tournaments, winning the World Cup in 2018, so the Republic of Ireland couldn’t have faced tougher opponents as they kick off their EURO 2024 qualifers. But with the backing of the Aviva Stadium crowd, Stephen Kenny’s team will be expected to put in a spirited performance. Could 18-year-old Brighton striker Evan Ferguson, who has emerged as a potential new superstar, be a game-changer for Ireland?
Scotland v Spain
Tuesday 28 March 7.45pm, Viaplay Sports 1 HD (CH 551)
Scotland host Spain in the pick of this round of UEFA EURO 2024 qualifiers. At UEFA EURO 2020, Spain exited the competition at the semi-final stage, before finishing third overall. By contrast, their recent FIFA World Cup campaign was disappointing compared to the level demanded of this team of superstars. With a new manager in Luis de la Fuente and a side with a point to prove, Steve Clarke’s men will need Hampden Park at its loudest.
Click here for your chance to win tickets to Scotland v Spain
Wales v Latvia
Tuesday 28 March 7.45pm, Viaplay Sports 2 HD (CH 552)
Wales will surely back themselves at home against a lowly-ranked Latvia side that have never qualified for a finals. But after a tough test in Croatia, it’s just the kind of game that has tripped up complacent sides in the past – a fact Rob Page will be keeping in his player’s minds. Wales are a team in transition, but this tie offers them a chance to set down an early marker in the group.
Prize draw time
We’ve teamed up with Viaplay to offer three lucky winners a pair of tickets to attend the UEFA EURO 2024 qualifying match of Scotland v Spain on Tuesday 28 March at Hampden Park Stadium, Glasgow.
How to enter
To enter the prize draw, answer the following question:
Which Scottish Premiership side did Steve Clarke manage before leading Scotland?
Email your answer – A, B or C – to VirginTVEdit@virginmedia.co.uk with Scotland v Spain Prize Draw in the subject line by 11.59pm on Sunday 19 March.
Please include the following details:
- Your answer
- Your first and last name
- Phone number
Subscribe to Viaplay
Here’s how you can enjoy even more sport by adding Viaplay to your bundle for £12.99 a month.
Just head to the Upgrade app in the apps section on your Virgin Media TV box and follow the on-screen instructions.
TV channels: Channels, content and features available depend on your chosen package. Channel line-ups and content are subject to change at any time and to regional variations.
HD: HD TV set, V HD Box, TiVo box or Virgin TV V6 connected with HDMI cables required for HD channels. Number of inclusive HD channels depends on package.
Premium channels (add-ons): 30 days’ notice required to remove premium channels/packs.
Virgin Media Viaplay Prize Draw Terms and Conditions (Promotion)
1. VIRGIN MEDIA LIMITED (“we”, “us”, and “our” or similar) (Company Number: 02591237) with a registered office 500 Brook Drive, Reading, United Kingdom, RG2 6UU is the promoter of the Promotion. General Terms and Conditions apply (please click the link in this paragraph for more information) (together, the “Conditions”). In the event of a conflict between the General Terms and Conditions and this Promotion, the terms of this Promotion will prevail.
2. By entering the Promotion, you (the “Entrant”, “you”, and “your” or similar) confirm that you have read the Conditions and agree to be bound by them and confirm that all information submitted is true, accurate, and complete. Please ensure you read these carefully as entry into this Promotion is subject to and conditional upon acceptance to these Conditions. We reserve the right to verify the eligibility of any and all Entrants and may, in our sole discretion, disqualify any Entrant that fails to satisfy the eligibility requirements. Entrants shall at all times act in good faith towards us and the Promotion.
3. The Promotion is open to any Virgin Media customers (cable and mobile) aged 18 or over resident in the United Kingdom, but shall not be open to employees of Virgin Media Limited and/or Telefonica UK Limited, their immediate family members and anyone professionally connected with this Promotion. Entries on behalf of someone else will not be accepted. Maximum of 1 entry per Virgin Media customer.
4. Entries not submitted in accordance with the rules of these Conditions will be disqualified. We reserve the right to disqualify any Entrant reasonably suspected by us of cheating, behaving fraudulently, acting dishonestly, or otherwise acting contrary to these Conditions.
5. The Promotion starts at 3PM on Wednesday 15th March 2023 and closes at 11.59pm on Sunday 19th March 2023 (“Closing Date”). Entries received after the closing date will be invalid.
6. To enter the Promotion you must answer the question listed in Virgin TV Edit correctly by sending an email to VirginTVEdit@virginmedia.co.uk and ensure it contains the following details:
a. Your answer (which must be correct)
b. Your first and last name
c. Phone number
d. Full address, including county and postcode
7. There are x3 prizes in total:
x3 pairs of tickets to UEFA EURO 2024 Qualifying match Scotland v Spain: Tuesday 28 March2023 at Hampden Park Stadium, Glasgow
8. There will be 3 winners in total. The Main Prize is provided by ViaPlay 610 Chiswick High Road London, W4 5RU, and administered by Virgin Media Limited 500 Brook Drive, Reading, United Kingdom, RG2 6UU. Details will be shared securely and deleted immediately after the prize has been issued.
9. The winner will be selected at random by an independent process from all valid entries received and will be notified by no later than Tuesday 21st March 2023. You will be notified if you have won a Prize by phone or email and must claim your Prize within 4 working days after having been notified. If you do not respond or we do not receive a response within 4 working days of being notified you will forfeit your Prize, and we reserve the right, at our discretion, to choose another winner or to dispose of the Prize as we see fit. Our decision regarding any aspect of the Promotion, including without limitation correspondence regarding the Prize, is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
10. We reserve the right to cancel and/or amend these terms and conditions and/or the Promotion at any stage but we will only do so for reasons outside of our reasonable control. We will endeavour to minimize the effect of such cancellation or amendment on participants in order to avoid disappointment, which may include providing an alternative Prize if the original Prize becomes unavailable for any reason.
12. We accept no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault including without limitation a technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind. If the Promotion is not capable of running as planned or entries are not received or validly submitted or the Prize (as defined below) becomes unavailable, we reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Prize Draw if necessary.
13. We and our agents shall not be responsible or liable to compensate the winners for any loss, damage or consequential damage of any nature in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise caused by acceptance of these terms and conditions and/or in connection with the Prize (to the extent permissible by law).
14. These Conditions and any disputes or issues arising out of or in connection with them (whether contractual or non-contractual in nature, such as claims in tort, breach of statute/regulation or otherwise) shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with English law. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to settle any disputes or issues.
15. Promoter: Virgin Media Limited whose registered office is at 500 Brook Drive, Reading, RG2 6UU.