WiFi Hotspots profile download and settings
How do I connect to WiFi hotspots automatically using my Virgin Mobile SIM? How do I connect to WiFi hotspots automatically using my Virgin Mobile SIM?
You’ll need a WiFi-enabled phone with a Virgin Mobile SIM. We recommend using the Virgin Media Connect App to set this up.
If you couldn’t install the app or if you have trouble setting things up, you can follow the steps here to set up WiFi hotspots.
- Download a WiFi profile for automatically connecting you to hotspots
- Go to iOS Settings and tap ‘Profile downloaded’ to complete the install, you’ll need the passcode for unlocking iPhone to install
- Keep your WiFi switched on around one of our hotspots
A “Privacy warning” text may show below the WiFi network name when using this profile to connect to hotspots, this is because the SIM card number (IMSI) is being used to sign-in to WiFi hotspots. If you’d prefer not to see this text then the only alternative is to use the Virgin Media Connect App
- Switch on your WiFi when in range of Virgin Media WiFi hotspots
- Choose and tap on “Virgin Media” from the list of WiFi networks, this can be found in Settings > Connections > WiFi
- Change the “EAP method” to AKA and tap Connect
How do I stop my device connecting to the WiFi hotspots? How do I stop my device connecting to the WiFi hotspots?
When you need to disconnect from WiFi hotspots temporarily or if you are experiencing issues with a particular hotspot, simply switch WiFi OFF until you are ready to connect again.
To stop connecting to WiFi hotspots permanently please try the following:
To stop automatically connecting to our WiFi hotspots, you’ll need to delete the WiFi hotspots profile on your device. To do this:
Go to Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management
Choose the WiFi hotspots profile from Virgin Media
Click Remove Profile
To stop automatically connecting to our WiFi hotspots, please find the list of saved WiFi networks in your device’s WiFi settings, tap the setting or cog icon next to “Virgin Media” WiFi name and toggle Auto reconnect switch to the OFF position.