Our home phone deals explained
Not everyone needs the same landline tariff in a broadband and landline deal or package. That’s why you can have your choice of four landline plans added to your bundle, paid for by your monthly Direct Debit. Enjoy catch ups with your nearest and dearest on the tariff that works best for you.
Our landline deals are designed for talkers∆. The standard landline plan, Weekend chatter, gives you unlimited weekend calls to UK landlines. While our top-of-the-range option, International anytime chatter, lets you call most numbers in the UK whenever you like, including all UK mobiles. Plus, you get to make overseas calls to 50 popular international destinations.Ϫ.
Have a family member or friend living abroad? The International anytime chatter phone package comes with inclusive minutes that will let you make international calls to mobile and landlines in 50 popular destinations.
For all other Talk plans, there’s a range of international add-ons you can get. There’s also Talk International £2 if you’re on a budget.
All Virgin landline tariffs come with additional perks. Here are five great features you can expect when you get one of our home phone deals:
- Free calls to 101 (Police non-emergency).
- Free voicemail – or upgrade to Voicemail Plus for £2.25 a month and listen to your messages on any phone, anywhere.
- Last Calling Number.
- Number Conceal.
- Make your Caller Display private.
And if you’re looking for the landline extras, you can bolt on additional phone minutes, features and services to your landline packages, including these convenient bundles:
- Manage My Privacy (£3 monthly) – Caller Display, Anonymous Caller Rejection, Call Barring.
- Manage My Calls (£3 monthly) – Call Divert, Call Waiting, Voicemail Plus.
- Manage My Privacy and Calls (£4 monthly) – all six of these landline features.
When it comes to catching up with your people, we know there’s never enough time in the day for it. Luckily, Weekend chatter makes that possible. Once you select our simplest call plan, you can upgrade to one of the other call plans by personalising your order in the checkout.
Weekend chatter offers unlimited weekend calls to UK landline (01, 02, 03) numbers.
It’s often cheaper to take a broadband and phone deal than to have home broadband without a landline – so, why not combine both services into the same package, and one easy bill.
All broadband and phone bundles come with Weekend chatter. Of course, if you’d prefer, you can upgrade your landline plan and have more inclusive minutes and home phone features. Overall, you’ll have a choice of six home WiFi speeds, ranging from 54Mbps (the essential M50 Fibre Broadband) to our fastest 1,130Mbps (Gig1 Fibre Broadband).
Personalise your landline package with calling features and add-ons that matter to you (at an extra cost) so you can make the most of your talk time with family and friends, and get the most out of your home phone plan.
- Premium number barring - Also known as ‘call barring’, block your choice of outgoing calls.
- Anonymous caller rejection – Say goodbye to nuisance calls. With this add-on you have control over which calls come through to you (as long as it’s active).
- Caller display – Allows you to see who’s calling. Their number or caller ID will show up on your handset if it’s compatible, and you can decide whether to take the call or not.
- Call divert – Divert incoming calls to another number so you never miss a call.
- Call waiting – Get notified when someone else is calling you while you’re on the phone.
- Reminder call – Like an alarm you would set on your phone, a reminder call lets you program your phone to ring you at a certain time. Perhaps for a daily reminder or appointment?
- Quick dial – Spend less time dialling and more time chatting with this shortcut feature.
- Three-way calling - Talk with two of your favourite people on your landline at the same time.
- Ring back when free - Trying to get hold of someone but their number is constantly engaged? Set up an automatic call to ring you back when the other person’s line is free.
Switching to Virgin Media landline?
It’s quick and easy to join as a new customer. Also, you can keep your home phone number unless you’re moving to a new house, outside your current area code. Simply:
- Browse – Use our postcode checker to find out which services are available at your address. Then have your pick of the home phone bundles that include broadband, and maybe even choose one with Virgin TV.
- Buy – Fill in a dew details to place your order and we’ll get things moving on our side to connect your home as soon as we can.
- Switch – Cancel your contract with your current provider, if you haven’t already. Double-check first whether there’s a notice period to give before you can leave.
Our plans include line rental in the total price. Weekend chatter, our standard price plan, is £19 a month for line rental. If you choose one of our other packages, the price will increase slightly. And then if you choose an add-on, such as Talk International, you’ll pay that fee in addition to your line rental.
For a full list of telephone charges download our everyday call charges guide.
In short, no, you don’t need a landline to get broadband. You can get our superfast speeds without a phoneline because our broadband runs on fibre-optic cables and coax cables, not a traditional copper telephone line. Our broadband only deals are ideal if you don’t want a landline.
All our landline call plans in our bundles come with inclusive minutes, from the simplest to the talk-any-time-of-the-day callers. You may be charged a fee per minute if you call a specific number. To give you a better idea, explore the different call costs for each bundle so that you know exactly how much dialling might cost you.
When it comes to finding the best landline deal for your house, there are plenty of things to keep in mind. Whether you live alone, in a house share or you have a busy household, your home phone deal should be one that works for your needs. Let’s explore some of the things you should consider:
If your calls can go on a bit, getting a landline deal with a limited number of minutes to call other home phones might prove expensive in the long run. Luckily, Virgin Media landline has four call plans available so you’re bound to find one that works for you.
Weekend chatter, our simplest call plan, is your starting point. You’ll get inclusive weekend calls to UK landlines∆. The monthly cost of your line rental is the price of the landline call plan – so there’s no additional fee for that
Inclusive minutes to mobile numbers
Perhaps you don’t want to confine your catchup time to just the weekend. If that’s you, then our Evening & weekend chatter is right up your alley. It comes jam-packed with inclusive evening and weekend calls to UK landlines∆ and UK mobiles too. What more can you ask for?
With Anytime chatter you’ll get all of the above but you can make inclusive anytime calls, Monday to Sunday, not just in the evening or at the weekend. That’s essentially unlimited calls – and your talk time sorted.
For a full list of telephone charges download our everyday call charges guide.
If you’ve got friends or family living abroad and you’re keen to keep in touch, now you can from your landline phone. With International anytime chatter you can make phone calls to them whenever it suits.
Whether you intend to wake up at 3am to catch your friend in Sydney, Australia (where it’s 1pm), you won’t tot up a hefty phone bill. Enjoy inclusive whenever-you-want calls to UK landlines∆, UK mobile numbers and 50 popular international destinationsϪ.
Landline plus a bit extra
Every caller has different needs, that’s why we have lots of landline add-ons to choose from. When you compare landline deals at Virgin Media, from our simplest landline add-on right down to our speak anytime of the day or night add-on, you'll have enough minutes to catch up with your favourite people.
Select our best landline add-on with one of our broadband plans. You'll be able to choose the right broadband speed for your house. So not only will you be able to pick up the phone and chat to a mate, you can connect your gadgets and send a few emails, have a video call or stream some boxsets online.
If you really want to push the boat and give yourself the best of everything, our landline, TV and broadband packages will have you talking, streaming and surfing whenever you want. The hardest part is choosing the best combination deal for your household.
To get a truly great deal, you may want to consider a landline and broadband bundle. It’s perfect whether you live alone or you’ve got a lot of traffic running through your home on a daily and weekly basis.
Our landline and broadband bundles are handy and they come with great broadband speeds. As well as getting Weekend chatter as standard in your package, you’ll benefit from our range of Fibre Broadband, from M50 to M350. It comes on an 18-month contract and you’ll have to pay a one-off setup fee so we can get you up and running.
Let’s look at the different Fibre Broadband speeds available with our landline and broadband deals:
- M50 – 54Mbps average download speed with Weekend chatter. It’s ideal for households with just a few smart gadgets.
- M125 – 132Mbps average download speed with Weekend chatter. Great for boxset bingers and video callers.
- M250 – 264Mbps average download speed with Weekend chatter. A brilliant option for all HD streamers.
- M350 – 362Mbps average download speed with Weekend chatter. A full-throttle connection for busy households connected all day.
To get the best of both worlds, explore our broadband and landline packages.
We like to think the landline deals in our bundles are affordable for every type of customer. Whether you’re moving into your first home and need a new line, switching deals or you’re simply shopping around, we have five landline plans to choose from.
Take a look at the Big bundle when you’re comparing our broadband packages. It gives you our standard Weekend chatter plan with fibre broadband and over 100 channels, all for a great price – it’s our bundle with the lowest monthly cost
Have an add-on, like Talk Extra 100 or one of our paid for calling features, that you don’t really use? Or perhaps you’re on one of our higher end phone line plans with inclusive minutes to mobiles or international landlines? You might be able to save money on your landline plan if you take off the added extras or downgrade to our simplest call plan, Weekend chatter.
You’ll need to check your contract first to see if you can make the switch to something cheaper that we offer. If you can’t find the info on your contract, dial 150 for free from your landline and speak to our customer services team.
Regardless of which phone plan you choose with your bundle, the set-up fee is the same. You’ll need to pay a one-off activation fee of £35 when you place your order. Thereafter you’ll only have to pay your standard monthly costs for your package and any other call features or call plan add-ons you may have selected.
There’s great comfort in knowing your loved one is at the end of a phone, even when they’re thousands of miles away. We have a couple of options that will allow you to make international calls when it suits you.
International anytime chatter – Stay up late or rise early and give that special someone a ring from your landline. You’ll get inclusive round-the-world-clock minutes to make international mobile & landline calls to 50 popular destinations Ϫ.
The legal stuff
*Monthly price shown will increase each April from April 2024 by the Retail Price Index rate of inflation announced in February each year plus 3.9%. Doesn’t apply to Netflix Add to Bill add-on, Disney+ Premium add-on & Stream Entertainment subscriptions or admin charges. See www.virginmedia.com/prices and www.o2.co.uk/prices for details.
No setup fee
This promotion means you won’t pay the usual setup fee of £35. No setup fee is available on all bundles, broadband & phone, and broadband only packages. If you can set up using a Self-Install pack, but choose to use an engineer for the installation, you’ll still be charged £30 for this service.
- Read the terms on the Priority app or at o2.co.uk/terms
Get fast, reliable WiFi gliding through every room or money back
Eligible Virgin Fibre areas only. WiFi Guarantee available with M50 broadband or faster. £8p/m extra or included with Gig1 or Volt. At least 30Mbps download speeds in every room or £100 one-off credit. Up to 3 WiFi Pods if needed. Exclusions & legal stuff apply.