Times have changed! We’re over going out-out for a big one. Increasingly, it’s all about “staying in-in”, with more than two thirds of the participants in our poll saying they stay in EVERY Saturday
Virgin Media British Academy Television Awards 2019
Saturday nights aren’t about the big, boozy evening out anymore. We’re cutting back on the sauce, going out less and loving our nights in. We’re excited for back-to-back episodes of our favourite shows. We’ve cleared our diaries, invited our pals around and have our takeaway order ready to go. We’re feeling pumped for our TV marathon sessions, and we even have blocks on social media for spoilers!
Don’t forget to cast your vote for the Virgin Media Must-See Moment Award – just click here! You can choose from 2018’s hottest TV – Bodyguard, Coronation Street, Doctor Who, Killing Eve, Peter Kay’s Car Share and Queer Eye – AND you could win tickets to the Virgin Media British Academy Television Awards 2019!
Following a massive year for incredible TV in 2018, Virgin Media conducted a poll to get a “sofa-eye view” on our TV habits – and the results confirmed that people are largely swapping their age-old going out-out behaviour for nights staying in-in.
The exclusive poll discovered that savvy Brits are saving more than £40 a week by treating themselves to a £10 TV takeaway rather than a Saturday night of dancing or a dinner date. That’s a whopping saving of around £2,260 a year! In fact, the nation is three times more likely to watch First Dates than go out on an actual date!
It also found that 11% of the population watch more than six hours of TV in a night, while more than half (56%) admit to embarking on TV binges up to five hours long on Saturday. Half of us (51%) have a “TV outfit”, with one third of Brits (33%) donning their “best” luxe loungewear to bring some living room glamour. The majority (55%), however, opt for something a little more comfortable.
Elsewhere, more than half of the Great British public (54%) plan a TV menu in advance, with drinks on ice for the “top TV table”. And in terms of specific cuisine, Chinese is the top takeaway option.
But wait! There’s more...
You could be in with a chance to visit the exclusive Virgin Media Staying In-Inn – the ultimate luxury TV lounge where you can watch all the nominees for Virgin Media’s Must-See Moment Award in style.
Popping up in Liverpool, you’ll be able to experience television like never before with a money-can’t-buy view; a giant screen with cinematic surround sound; tailored lighting; indulgent food and drinks; a luxe lounge; plus more treats to discover on the day.
You’ll also be joined by some TV faves. You could be welcomed by Celebs Go Dating receptionist Tom Read Wilson, while First Dates’ CiCi Coleman could be on hand to whip up the Virgin Media Staying In-Inn’s signature serve and cater to your every sofa-based need.
And if you just want to natter, Scarlett Moffatt could be settling down as your celebrity sofa buddy, helping you to catch up on the best TV of 2018.
The Staying In-Inn will be open in Liverpool from 10am until 9pm, with two-hour slots, on Saturday 27 April and Sunday 28 April.
How to enter
To be in with a chance to visit the Staying In-Inn with up to 4 guests simply:
Send an email with Staying In-Inn Liverpool as the subject line to VirginTVEdit@virginmedia.co.uk and ensure it contains the following details:
- Your first and last name
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- How many guests you would like to bring (maximum of 4)
Entries must be sent no later than 11.59pm on Monday 22 April 2019.
Staying In-Inns Promotion Terms and Conditions (Promotion)
1. Open to UK residents aged 18 or over, and resident in the United Kingdom, except employees of Virgin Media Limited, their immediate family members and anyone professionally connected with this Promotion.
2. The Promotion opens on Wednesday 17 April 2019 and closes at 11:59pm on Monday 22 April 2019. Entries received after the closing date will be invalid. Maximum of 1 entry per person.
3. To enter the Promotion you must email email@example.com with Staying In-Inn Liverpool as the subject line. In the email please provide: your first and last name, date of birth, phone number, address, and how many guests you would like to bring (maximum of 4). All entrants and their accompanying guests must be aged 18 or over.
4. There will be 12 x winners of the main prize. 1 prize per winner.
5. Main Prize: 1 x 2-hour slot to visit the Staying In-Inn Liverpool.
6. The winners will be selected at random from all valid entries received and will be notified by no later than Tuesday 23 April 2019. The winners will be the first entries drawn at random. Winners will be called up to two times between 9.30am and 6pm on the number they have provided. If they are unable to answer the phone, a voicemail will be left with a cut-off time to claim the prize.
7. Transport up to the value of £200 for each group (max 5 people) will be reimbursed upon supply of valid travel receipts. 30 day payment terms will apply.
8. Winners details will be made available for a period of 1 month from 6 May 2019. To receive this, please send a SAE marked ‘Staying In-Inn competition’ to Sponsorship Team, Virgin Media, Griffin House, 161 Hammersmith Road, London, W6 8BS.
9. Promoter is Virgin Media Limited. General Terms and Conditions apply, click here.
BAFTA competition: Promoter: Virgin Media Limited. Entrants must be aged 18+. UK residents only (excluding employees of the Promoter, their immediate family members and anyone professionally connected with this Promotion). Promotion closes at 17:00 pm, 1st May 2019. 1 entry per household. Full T&Cs apply, see keepup.virginmedia.com/bafta/terms-and-conditions