What are the steps to using Facebook?
Setting up a Facebook account is simple and easy to do – all you need is a working email address or mobile number and you’re ready to go. Follow these initial steps to set up a Facebook profile:
Facebook desktop vs Facebook app
Facebook is accessible via both mobile and desktop. The easiest way to set up an account, however, is to download the app. You can download the Facebook app from Google Play Store or Apple's App Store.
How to upload and delete Facebook photos
Facebook is also great for sharing your photos. You can create whole albums of photos or simply post a few pictures to your timeline.
Here’s how to create a photo album:
- Go to your profile page.
- Scroll down to ‘Photos’
- Click ‘Create Album’.
- Fill in the album title, description, location and set the audience.
- Click ‘Save’.
- Select ‘Add Photos’ and tap on all the pictures you’d like to add to this album.
- Click ‘Done’ in the top right corner of the screen.
- Once all the pictures you’ve selected have successfully uploaded, click ‘Post’.
How to delete Facebook photos
- Go to your profile page.
- Scroll down to ‘Photos’.
- If you want to delete an album, select the one you want to delete. Click on the 3 dots in the top right corner, then select ‘Edit’ and ‘Delete Album’.
- If you want to delete a singular photo, go to ‘Uploads’ in ‘Photos’ and click on the photo you want to delete. Then click on the 3 dots and select ‘Delete Photo’.
Add photos to a Facebook post
If you don’t want to add a whole album and just want to add a few pictures, you can upload photos to your timeline via a post.
You can do this by selecting ‘Photo’ which is next to your status bar either on the Facebook homepage or on your profile. Pick the photo or photos, you want to add to the post and tap ‘Done’ and then ‘Post’.
How to add friends on Facebook
In order to become Facebook Friends with someone, you will need to send or accept a ‘Facebook Friend Request’. There are a couple of ways you can add new friends.
How to block someone on Facebook
Unfriending or Blocking someone on Facebook is easily accessible if you wish to no longer have an account in your network.
Unfriending allows you to remove an individual from your list of ‘Friends’. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to your profile and open up the ‘Friends’ section.
- Search for the account name or scroll until you find it in the list.
- Once you’ve found the account, next to the name you will see ‘Friend’. Click on this and select ‘Unfriend’.
The person will not know that you’ve unfriended them but they will still be able to search for you.
To block someone means that they will no longer be able to interact with you in any way. This includes being able to search for you or sending you a friend request. Here’s how to block a contact on Facebook:
- Go to ‘Settings’ in the top right corner on Facebook.
- Click on ‘Blocking’.
- Type the name of the account you wish to block in the search bar and click ‘Block’ to confirm.
Under ‘Blocking’, you will be able to see the list of accounts you’ve already blocked. You’ll also see the option to unblock here too.
How to use Facebook Messenger
Facebook Messenger is the instant messaging tool created by Facebook. It’s ideal for private messaging with a friend or a group chat conversation.
On desktop you can access Facebook Messenger when you log in, however, for mobile, you will need to have Facebook Messenger downloaded in order to use this function.