Experience Virgin Media O2’s new immersive Connected Playground, powered by our fixed and mobile networks, that demonstrates what the future of play could look like
By Virgin TV Edit
New research from Virgin Media O2 has revealed that parents are worried their children’s play doesn’t quite provide the stimulation they need in the current climate, with so much play powered by technology.
That’s why we’re launching a first-of-its-kind Connected Playground in London’s King Square Gardens, Islington, to get those creative juices flowing to encourage and expose children to a different type of play. And the best bit? You could come down and try it for yourselves!
On Thursday 9 March and Friday 10 March, the Connected Playground is open to the public and will provide a vibrant, interactive and fun experience for children, blending hyper-fast connectivity with lights, sound and physical play – all thanks to the power of Virgin Media O2’s broadband and mobile networks!
You’ll find climbing apparatus, a slide and swings, all fitted with sensors, triggers, pressure pads and infrared beams. Children will be tasked with creating the perfect music track and each interaction will influence and alter the song, which is why children will need to play smart to create the perfect tune.
Once completed, your child can take their curated soundtrack home as an unforgettable memento of the visit.
To give as many people as possible the chance to experience the Virgin Media O2 Connected Playground, we ask that you book no more than one session per person. One ticket is entry for three persons. Tickets are free of charge.
VIRGIN MEDIA O2 CONNECTED PLAYGROUND: TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. These terms and conditions relate to your attendance at Virgin Media O2 Connected Playground (Event”) and/or participation in any of the play sessions (“Sessions”). By attending the Event and/or participating in one of the Sessions you agree to abide by the following terms and conditions and any additional terms and conditions as may be communicated to you from time to time.
2. The Event is owned by Virgin Media O2 (“Virgin Media O2”) and facilitated by
Hope&Glory PR Ltd (“Hope&Glory”) and Jubba (“Jubba”), both of whom are contractors of Virgin Media O2. Jubba is responsible for the organisation of the event and the location, while Hope&Glory is managing media relations.
3. The Event is a playground experience aimed at children aged between 3-11. The Sessions will each last approximately 1 hour including a short briefing on how to use the equipment.
4. Tickets for each Session are free of charge and cover three persons, including adults and children
5. Participants at an Event under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
6. You must act responsibly and sensibly at all times, follow all instructions concerning the Event and Sessions, and adhere to all of the health and safety procedures outlined at the Event. If you do not you may be required to leave the Event.
7. You confirm that you understand that participation in the Event involves climbing on apparatus. Neither Virgin Media O2, Hope&Glory nor Jubba can entirely eliminate the risks of you participating in the Event including the risk of physical injury. You are responsible for monitoring any children you are responsible for before, during and after the Event. You acknowledge the risks inherent in taking part in the Event including any injury which may be sustained.
8. You must not be on the premises if you are under the influence of alcohol or non-prescription drugs.
9. In the absence of any negligence or other breach of duty by Virgin Media O2, participation in the Event is entirely at your risk.
10. Subject to paragraph 8, neither Virgin Media O2, Hope&Glory nor Jubba accept liability for:
(a) any injury you sustain or illness which is worsened by your partaking in the Event unless required to bear such liability by law;
(b) any loss or damage of your personal property before, during or after the Event;
(c) any additional or incidental costs, losses or expenses resulting from any cancellation of the Event or any change to its location, time or date.
11. To the extent Virgin Media O2 is liable to you for any breach of these terms and conditions or any other matter arising out of your attendance at the Event or one of the Sessions, in no circumstances will that liability exceed the price you have paid to attend the Event as set out in clause 4 of these terms and conditions. Furthermore, under no circumstances will Virgin Media O2, Hope&Glory or Jubba be liable to you for any indirect, incidental or consequential damages or losses suffered by you.
12. You agree not to bring any action whatsoever in relation to the Event(s) against Jubba and/or Hope&Glory and/or Virgin Media O2, or to join Jubba and/or Hope &Glory in an action against Virgin Media O2.
13. Virgin Media O2, Hope&Glory or Jubba may:
(a) remove from the Event any persons it deems to be acting inappropriately;
(b) cancel or change the location, time or date of any Event in its absolute discretion.
14. All intellectual property rights arising in of or pertaining to the Event shall be the exclusive property of Virgin Media O2 and attendees shall acquire no such rights, including moral rights, by virtue of attending the Event.
15. You understand that photographs, videos, sound recordings and other accounts or descriptions (whether data, textual, visual or audio) may be taken at the Event which may feature you or your children. You acknowledge that Virgin Media O2 wish to use the data featuring you and, if applicable Your children. You grant Virgin Media O2 permission to use the data throughout the world in all and any media, including in the Virgin Media O2’s printed publications, presentations, promotional materials, in the advertising of Virgin Media O2’s goods or services.
16. Where you are purchasing tickets to the Event for third parties you confirm you have explained to each third party the effect of clause 17 above and that those third parties have consented on behalf of themselves (and if applicable their children) to feature in photographs, videos, sound recordings and other accounts or descriptions (whether data, textual, visual or audio) which may be taken at the Event and used for the purposes set out in clause 15.
18. These Terms and Conditions and any dispute arising out of or in connection with them shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.