Daniel Radcliffe launches Google+ page
Daniel Radcliffe is launching his own Google+ page.
The 'Harry Potter' star has shunned social media in the past but is now embracing the digital age in a bid to stop people pretending to be him and spreading rumours online.
Daniel told MTV News: ''This has mainly come about because of the amount of people that I meet who tell me that they have contacted me on Twitter or Facebook when I know that's impossible - because I don't belong to either one of those sites.
''Now that I have this page, there will be an outlet for accurate information and hopefully people will not waste their time giving credence to people pretending to be me.''
Daniel is keen to keep his fingers glued to the keyboard and insists he will be updating it with details about his professional life rather than shedding any light on his day-to-day life.
The 23-year-old star said: ''It will be active, but with updates about things I'm working on or have worked on, including things I'm passionate about, like [non-profit organisation] The Trevor Project. What it won't be is the minutia of my daily life, like what's on the craft services table.''
However, the shy actor is having cold feet about finally joining the 21st century and worries the power of information about him being readily available for his fans will get too much for him.
Daniel explained: ''Trepidation sums it up very well. It's a sense of not knowing what to expect, as opposed to any actual worries.''27-11-2012
- Rihanna's pals are worried about her - 25 May 2013
- Denise Richards wants to be present for kids - 25 May 2013
- Kendall Jenner accused of seeking attention - 25 May 2013
- Snooki's pregnancy scare - 25 May 2013
- Amanda Bynes denies doing drugs - 25 May 2013
- Alec Baldwin's wife scared of giving birth - 25 May 2013
- Aaron Paul enjoys pre-wedding dinner - 25 May 2013
- Nancy Dell'Olio to launch her own beauty brand - 25 May 2013