Virgin Media – Winning Words Competition - Terms & Conditions
1. Open to @virginmedia followers aged 18 or over and resident in the United Kingdom, except employees of Virgin Media Limited, their immediate family members and anyone professionally connected with this Promotion.
2. The Promotion closes at 11:59pm on 30th May 2018. Entries received after the closing date will be invalid. Maximum of 1 entry per person.
3. To enter the Promotion you must follow @virginmedia on Twitter, and finish the sentence on the competition tweet, by retweeting and replying. You must follow @virginmedia on Twitter when entering the competition and remain a follower until at least 22nd June, to allow Virgin Media to contact you via Twitter Direct Message if you win.
4. There will only be one winner.
5. The winner’s prize will be a ‘Winning Words’ book, containing autographs and doodles from some of the 2018 BAFTA TV Awards winners.
6. Prizes can only be used as stipulated and cannot be sold, transferred or exchanged for cash and any attempt to do so may render the Prize void. No cash alternative is available and Prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion (unless expressly stated).
7. The winner will be selected at random from all valid entries received and will be notified by no later than 5pm on Tuesday5th June. You will be notified if you have won via Twitter Direct Message. You must respond to claim your prize within 12 hours of having been notified; otherwise the prize will be given to someone else.
8. Promoter is Virgin Media Limited. General terms and conditions apply, see below.
General terms & Conditions
1. By entering the Promotion all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these general terms and conditions and all Promotion specific terms and conditions, including any additional terms and conditions that apply to the use of the Prize.
2. Multiple, bulk or automatically generated entries will not be valid unless expressly stated in writing in the applicable Promotion-specific terms and conditions.
3. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for entries lost or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
4. Where a Promotion is advertised on or includes an entry mechanism that involves any social media platform (such as Facebook or Twitter), the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with that social media platform.
5. The Prize can only be used as stipulated and cannot be sold, transferred or exchanged for cash and any attempt to do so may render the Prize void. No cash alternative is available and Prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion (unless expressly stated).
6. All aspects of the Prize must be taken as a complete package.
Claiming the Prize
7. The Prize must be claimed within 14 days of notification (unless an earlier date is set out in the promotion specific terms and conditions). If the winner cannot be contacted or the Promoter does not receive a response within the timeframe stipulated, the Promoter may select an alternative winner at its sole discretion.
8. The Promoter does not assume any responsibility or liability for communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regards to notification to any winner.
9. Proof of identity and age may be required to redeem the Prize.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the Promotion or these terms and conditions at any stage but will only do so for reasons outside of its reasonable control. The Promoter will endeavour to minimize the effect of such cancellation or amendment on participants in order to avoid disappointment, which may include providing an alternative Prize if the original Prize becomes unavailable for any reason.
11. The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of this Promotion or these terms and conditions is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. Personal data collected in the course of this Promotion will be used for administering the Promotion only.
13. Winners agree to participate in reasonable publicity in relation to the Promotion.
14. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss, damage or consequential damage of any nature in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise caused by acceptance of these terms and conditions and/or in connection with the Prize (to the extent permissible by law).
15. These terms and conditions and any disputes or issues arising out of or in connection with them (whether contractual or non-contractual in nature, such as claims in tort, breach of statute/regulation or otherwise) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Entrants agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to settle any disputes or issues.
16. Promoter: Virgin Media Limited whose registered office is at Media House, Bartley Wood Business Park, Hook, Hampshire RG27 9UP.